The impact on TRICARE of a new retail pharmacy agreement between Express Scripts, Inc., (ESI) and Walgreens pharmacy has not yet been determined.
The two companies announced a new network agreement on July 19, 2012. Walgreens left the ESI retail pharmacy network when their contract with ESI expired on Dec. 31, 2011. At this time, it has not been determined how the new agreement affects TRICARE. Specific details have not been released, but the new agreement does not go into effect until Sept. 15, 2012. TRICARE beneficiaries are currently served by military pharmacies, home delivery and a robust national retail network of over 56,000 pharmacies.
Please check back here for more information as it becomes available.
TRICARE offers several options to meet your prescription needs.
• Located on military installations worldwide
• No cost; but call first to see if the prescription can be filled
• Find a Military Pharmacy
TRICARE Pharmacy Home Delivery
• Easy, safe and convenient; prescriptions mailed directly to you
• Least expensive option after military pharmacies
• Learn More about Converting Your Prescriptions to Home Delivery
TRICARE Network Pharmacies
• 56,000 TRICARE network pharmacies in the U.S. and U.S. Territories
• Find a Network Pharmacy
You can always fill prescriptions at non-network pharmacies, including Walgreens, but the out-of-pocket costs are higher. You will need to pay the full prescription cost upfront and submit your claims for reimbursement. >>Learn More about Pharmacy Costs
For More Information
For up-to-the-minute news about this issue, or to find a nearby network pharmacy please visit Express Scripts online at www.express-scripts.com/TRICARE or call 1-877-885-6313.