Bring your family closer together this summer with an activity from FOCUS!
During the summer months jam packed schedules, vacations, and other events can leave little time for family togetherness. A family game night is a great way to bring everyone together and encourage team work. One of our favorite FOCUS game night activities to support teamwork is The Family Puzzle, because like a puzzle a family is made up of individual pieces that fit together to make the larger picture. We hope that you will enjoy this great activity to honor the special role that each person plays in the bigger puzzle of family life.
- 1 puzzle piece printed for each family member
- Card Stock or Poster Board
- Markers, Crayons, or Colored Pencils
- Magazines (optional)
- Print out the template puzzle piece
- Have each family member write their name on their own puzzle piece.
- Ask each family member to draw or collage something on the puzzle that relates to the puzzle’s theme. The theme can be anything but some examples are:
- Something special you bring to the family.
- Something you appreciate about the family.
- One reason you love your family.
- Something special about your family.
- Your favorite family memory.
- Once family members have completed their puzzle piece, glue it to the poster board or card stock, and then cut it out.
- Fit the pieces together to make your family puzzle.
- Use this opportunity to talk about how the individual puzzle pieces came together to make a whole puzzle, just as the individual family members contribute and are an important piece of the complete family.