‘Stars Earn Stripes,’ premiering Monday, August 13 at 8 p.m. PT on NBC, follows eight celebrities as they gather at a remote training facility and are challenged to execute complicated missions inspired by real military exercises.
Celebrities Laila Ali, Dean Cain, Terry Crews, Nick Lachey, Todd Palin, Dolvett Quince and Eve Torres will be accompanied by members of the U.S. Military to compete in the competitions. During each challenge, the teams will be competing for a cash prize on behalf of their selected charities, including:
• MILITARY CHILD EDUCATION COALITION, which works to ensure quality education opportunities for military connected children.
• WOUNDED WARRIOR PROJECT, which provides medical care to injured service members after their period of active duty.
• THE PAT TILLMAN FOUNDATION honors Pat Tillman by providing education scholarships and community opportunities to military veterans and their spouses.
• THE BADGE OF HONOR MEMORIAL FOUNDATION hopes to provide the families of officers who have been killed in the line of duty a lasting symbol of recognition for the life of service, as well as providing the survivors of officers with statutory benefits.
• ARMED SERVICES YMCA OF ALASKA provides educational, recreation and social programs and opportunities to all service members and their families.
• HIRING OUR HEROES helps to find jobs and maximize job opportunities for veterans and military spouses.
• GOT YOUR 6 is a campaign led by the entertainment industry to support veterans and military families, promoting their societal role as leaders and civic assets.
• United Service Organization, or USO, privately funds programs in an effort to lift the spirits of America’s troops and their families.
These organizations have partnered with the show, hoping to shed light on the grueling tasks that our U.S. Armed Forces face daily in order to protect our country and our safety.