Scholarship Program – Applications Due 15 June 2012 – FREE SUMMER CAMPS!!!
Navy Child and Youth Programs (CYP) is now accepting applications for its 2012 Navy Teen Summer Camp Scholarship Program. CNIC will fund ALL-EXPENSES PAID (YES, FREE) summer camp opportunities for Navy teens worldwide. Funding will support airline/ground transportation, camp registration, meals, and misc camp insurances. Please encourage all eligible teens to apply for these camps. The 180 participants of the 2011 program were overwhelmed by the places they traveled to, the friends they made, and the camps they attended.
Apply today! Start at http://mwrtoday.com/sandiego/families/youthprograms/
**2012 FEATURED CAMPS**
– Please see the brochure online for details and website links
– WB Surf Camp in Oahu, Hawaii, 8-20 July 2012
– National Outdoor Leadership School (NOLS) in Idaho Backpacking Adventure in Driggs, Idaho, 15-30 July 2012
– High Cascades Snowboarding Camp (HCSC) in Mt. Hood, Oregon, 16-23 July 2012
– Columbia Gorge School of Theater (CGST) in Portland, Oregon, 2-14 July 2012
– Woodward Camp – Cheerleading & Gymnastics in Woodward, PA, 8-14 July 2012
– Woodward Camp – Extreme Sports in Woodward, PA, 15-21 July 2012
– Woodward Camp – Digital Media in Woodward, PA, 22-28 July 2012
– Colorado School of Acting in Denver, CO, 15-21 July 2012
– Space Camp – Pilot Course in Huntsville, AL, 15-20 July 2012
– Italian Art History Tour based in Naples, Italy, 7-22 July 2012
**HERE’S HOW TO APPLY**
It’s EASY! To apply for the 2012 Navy Teen Summer Camp Scholarship Program, each teen must complete an individual application (found online at http://mwrtoday.com/sandiego/families/youthprograms/) by NO LATER THAN 15 JUNE 2012. Teens are required to write two short narratives about the adventures they want to experience and rank their selections.
– Participant must be a dependent of Navy active-duty or active-duty Reserve personnel.
– Participant must be between 13-17 years old by July 1, 2012.
– Participant must have a minimum 2.75 GPA (on a 4.0 scale).
– International travelers must possess a passport that is valid for six months after the return trip home.
– Applications must be received in full by NO LATER THAN 15 June 2012.
– All youth assigned to joint bases operated by the U.S. Navy are eligible.
– If a family is PCS’ing, sponsors can select a different return airport.
– Notification of selections will be made NLT 22 June 2012.
Any and all questions about this program can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-874-6897
will you being this program for 2013?