Kitchen remodeling can significantly increase home value. However this can get extremely expensive. But simple kitchen fix-ups can add both value and comfort to your space.
With this in mind, consider sprucing up your kitchen without breaking the bank. Don’t know where to start? Try these tips from HomeAdvisor, a leading website offering resources for home repair and improvement projects:
• Fix the countertops: Changing the material of kitchen countertops is a simple way to make an impact in the room. Materials such as ceramic, laminate, granite and siltstone are all great options. Laminate is the most cost effective and granite is the most popular.
• Refinish the cabinets: Even though cabinet replacement can be pricey, giving your existing cabinets a new look can come at an affordable price tag. Remove the original finish and add a new stain coat. Or paint the cabinets a bold color. Combine the paint with a crackling glaze to give the cabinets a weathered appearance.
• Redo lighting: Altering the lighting in your kitchen can give it a different look and feel. Track lighting is a good aesthetic choice with many different options. Add a few task lamps to improve the functionality of the work space area. Dimmers are easy to install and can make the atmosphere of the room more versatile.
• Upgrade appliances: Buying even just one or two new appliances can significantly increase the kitchen’s value. Large appliances, such as the refrigerator, oven and stove, should be upgraded first.
• Restyle the floor: Laying a new floor doesn’t have to be a costly project. Materials such as peel-and-stick vinyl tiles are inexpensive and can be easy to install. Other excellent options include linoleum, porcelain, cork and stained concrete.
More great ideas for your kitchen and beyond can be found at www.HomeAdvisor.com.
You don’t need to start from scratch to give your kitchen a makeover. With small improvements, you can get a great return on your investment.