Cooler temperatures often bring along the season’s sniffles and colds. With a few winter wellness tips, you can prepare for a happier and healthier season, regardless of your budget, with the following tips from the lifestyle experts at Dollar General.
• Preventive care. A nutritious diet and plenty of rest can help you stay strong this winter so consider keeping juices, vegetables and fruits in your fridge all winter long.
You can improve your nutritional balance and overall wellness with vitamins and supplements. Trusted Rexall-branded products, available exclusively at Dollar General, offer vitamins and minerals including immunity-boosting Vitamin C and multivitamins to combat potential illnesses. You can also purchase these items in bulk online to save money and trips to the store.
• Stock your medicine cabinet. When illness strikes, the last thing you’ll want to do is rush to the store. A well-stocked medicine cabinet can save a trip when you’re feeling your worst. Keep over-the-counter cold and flu relief medications on-hand for both day and night, as well as cough suppressant and a general pain reliever. Parents should ensure they have medications suitable for children, too.
• Healthy skin. Skin is prone to dryness in winter, so apply moisturizer as soon as you get out of the shower. If possible, ditch the scalding hot showers for warm water, as heat can be very drying. Don’t forget that the sun’s rays can be just as potent in winter as in summer, so don’t neglect the sunscreen and lip balm just because of the cool temperatures.
• Germ-free. While germs exist year-round, your body may be more susceptible to cold and flu viruses in winter. Be sure to wash your hands thoroughly and use a hand sanitizer.
• Soup’s on. Start all your winter meals with a warm bowl of soup full of protein, vegetables and liquids. If you don’t have the time to make soup from scratch, healthful and delicious ready-made soup can be a great alternative.
• Stay active: Don’t let your exercise routine fall by the wayside in winter. Exercise can improve your immunity and also help keep winter pounds at bay. If you don’t have a gym membership, gear up with exercise apparel designed for cooler temperatures and pound the pavement or pop in an exercise video at home.
More tips and coupons for winter wellness tools can be found at www.DollarGeneral.com.
With some preparation, staying healthy in winter can be easy and affordable.