Fifteen national nonprofit organizations will join Allsup to provide live assistance and information at the Allsup True Help® Disability Web Expo next Thursday, Sept. 27, from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. PT. The free event is the first of its kind and is presented by Allsup, a nationwide provider of services to people with disabilities, seniors, caregivers and healthcare professionals.
The free online Web Expo brings together experts on health and chronic conditions, disability rights and advocacy, Social Security Disability Insurance, veterans disability, financial planning, Medicare and health insurance issues. Exhibitors will provide educational sessions and screening services, answer questions and seek participant feedback during the live, one-day event.
National Nonprofit Participants
Participating organizations include:
• American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) – Washington, D.C.
• American Parkinson Disease Association (APDA) – State Island, N.Y.
• Arthritis Foundation – Atlanta, Ga.
• Brain Injury Association of America (BIAA) – Vienna, Va.
• Invisible Disabilities Association (IDA) – Parker, Colo.
• Lupus Foundation of America (LFA) – Piedmont Chapter, Inc. – Washington, D.C.; Charlotte, N.C.
• Mended Hearts – Dallas, Texas
• National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) – Arlington, Va.
• National Disability Rights Network (NDRN) – Washington, D.C.
• National Family Caregivers Association (NFCA) – Kensington, Md.
• National Fibromyalgia and Chronic Pain Association (NFMCPA) – Logan, Utah
• National Multiple Sclerosis Society – New York, N.Y.
• National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) – Danbury, Conn.
• National Spinal Cord Injury Association (NSCIA), a program of United Spinal Association – East Elmhurst, N.Y.
• National Stroke Association – Centennial, Colo.
• Additional participants include the Tremor Action Network based in Pleasanton, Calif.; the ADA National Network centers, with locations in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Houston, Seattle, Ithaca, N.Y.; Rockville, Md.; Columbia, Mo.; Colorado Springs, Colo.; Oakland, Calif.; Mountlake Terrace, Wash.; and African Americans in Gerontology in Colorado Springs, Colo.
Guest Moderators & Live Chats on Sept. 27
The following live chats will be provided by co-moderators on topics that include:
• 9:35-Noon PT – Stefanie Putkowski, National Organization for Rare Disorders; Julie Sacks, American Parkinson Disease Association, National Young Onset Center; and David Meredith, Allsup senior claimant representative. Topic: Every claim is different – insight into the Social Security Disability Insurance application process.
• 11:05-11:35 p.m. PT – Kris Erickson, National Multiple Sclerosis Society, and Paula Muschler, Allsup Medicare Advisor®. Topic: Making the most of Medicare.
• 11:45-12:30 p.m. PT – Wayne Connell, Invisible Disabilities Association; Jan Chambers, National Fibromyalgia and Chronic Pain Association; and Danielle Schultz, Allsup senior claimant representative. Topic – Is chronic pain a disability?
• 12:35-1 p.m. PT – Jean Moore, Military and Veterans Policy and Support-National Alliance on Mental Illness; Susan Gulas, American Parkinson Disease Association’s Veterans Information & Referral Center; Lisa Winstel, National Family Caregivers Association; and Brett Buchanan, veteran and VA-accredited disability claims agent at Allsup. Topic: Wounded warriors: A discussion on veteran disability resources.
• 2:05-2:30 p.m. PT – Patrick Wojahn, National Disability Rights Network; Marcia Baker, Mended Hearts; and Tricia Blazier, Allsup personal financial planning manager. Topic: Connecting with community resources.
Attendees can access presentations, view videos, attend moderated chats and ask questions live with booth representatives online. Activities include prize drawings, chat lounges and a best booth competition among 15 nonprofit groups. Locate the event agenda at WebExpo.Allsup.com.
All presentations will be Section 508 compliant for accessibility.
For more information about the Web Expo, contact Erica Hawksworth at (703) 683-5004 or email@example.com.